chevron

Monday, January 29, 2018

Family of Five

Life has turned upside down and (by evidence of my blogging) is starting to turn back up-side again. I'm getting to that point where I can't really remember what life was like before Tyler. We all LOVE him. He is the best baby, so smiley, so chill, so happy and so gosh darn cute! I can't believe how obsessed with him I still am!

These last few months have been pretty chill. Before baby I stressed about going to the store, but now I do grocery pick up, send Bobby or go when they're sleeping. Funny how things become non-issues. I still think three is a handful though! But the boys have adjusted to their new normal too. Troy is helpful when I ask him to hand me stuff, or tell him to play by himself. Rocky smothers his little brother with so much love!

Since October we've had our favorite guests - my parents and Kylee and Alice and Mark, as well as Michael had a training in San Antonio for 6 weeks and we got to see him just about every weekend, and Preslee came to visit twice. My mom was of course so helpful with the baby (ie delivering the baby). Michael was so fun to the boys. They called him Spider Michael and he just played and played with him. He took them to Sea World too.

We had a fun Halloween, and so much fun anticipating it. I loved those little boys in bat costumes. I was just going to make Troy a costume, but Rocky wanted to be a bat so.bad. So I ended up making two. The costumes were not awesome but well loved. It was the best to have the Ramptons with us for trunk or treating.

Thanksgiving was very casual, we did a potluck with people from our ward.

Rocky had a (million) fall(s) to his face and ended up developing an abscess. We thought it was going to need to be pulled asap, but it's still hanging in there. We'll see. It was a hard pill to swallow thinking he might be front-toothless for 5ish years!

December was the funnest, as it always is. I turned 29 and my friends spoiled me with breakfast, presents, sign on the door. Bobby too, with an instant pot. Children's nativity, concerts, white elephant Christmas party...We drove 13+ hours to Colorado. The car trip was not bad and it was so fun to see the WHOLE Ellsworth fam. Lots of sickness though - some are still lingering... We even got snow in San Antonio!

January we've just been working on schedules, preparing to start chores, getting back to health and routine. Tyler is 13% so trying to bulk him up. Bobby got called to Scouts. We had Tyler's baby blessing yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment